You Could Be A Champion For Children!
Every child deserves a Champion, and with a little effort YOU could be the Champion they need!
Champions For Children are people, businesses or groups that reach out to their networks of friends, neighbors, co-workers and business associates to secure NightLights sponsors. Raise a total of $3,000 to become a Champion for Children or $1,000 to be a NightLights Star.
Do you know 30 people who would be willing to sponsor a light for $100 that's all it takes to become a Champion for Children?
Or maybe 20 people who are willing to donate $50 - that would make you a NightLights Star?
This holiday season YOU can make the difference for children who are in the darkness of abuse and neglect.
By inspiring your network of contacts to donate, you can help us to extend our reach during a very difficult time of year for the children we serve. Please consider taking the 2016 Champion For Children Challenge!
If you reach the goal of $3,000 in donations:
* You will be celebrated as a Champion For Children during the annual NightLights Celebration
* You will be listed as a Champion on our Lamar outdoor Billboard in January 2017
* You will be listed as a Champion in our print ads for January 2017, to include:
Lydia’s Style Magazine, BizWest Magazine, Rocky Mountain Parent Magazine, Thrifty Nickel
* You will be presented with a limited edition Guardian Angel Sculpture from Designs By Ricker
* And more! Click here to see a full benefit listing
(If you don’t make your goal by the NightLights Event on December 1st, don’t give up! Fundraising continues through the end of December and you can still be recognized in local media during the month of January.)
And even if you don’t make the goal, every donation helps us reach further into the darkness of child abuse.
*And we’ll recognize you as a NightLights Star if you secure just 10 or more lights.
There are children waiting for a Champion! With a little effort, YOU could be the one they are waiting for.
To take the Champions for Children Challenge, please SIGN UP HERE and read on for some additional tips for success.
1. LET EVERYONE KNOW- Share with your friends that you've made the decision become a Champion For Children thisyear and you need theier help to make a difference in the lives of children. Give them the opportunity to brighten the life of a child. Direct them to the website or you can collect checks payable to Realities For Children Charities - then either mail them in or deliver them personally to our office. Even if they are not able to donate they may know of people that can help you reach your goal or you may even inspire them to become a Champion.
2. CREATE A PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE at championsforchildren.causevox.com. This will give you your own customizable page to tell your story and a personalized link to share via email and social media. It super simple and there are step by step instructions and tips here .
3. EMAIL! Send everyone you know the link to your personal fundraising page (if you choose to go that route) or to our website (www.GiveaNightlight.com). Tell them briefly why you are participating or why you love Realities. When you share your passion, it’s contagious. (If sending people to the GiveaNightlight.com page, there is a spot to reference you as their Champion when they make their donation.)
4. FACEBOOK AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA Now it is easier than ever to reach out to everyone you know - Post weekly through the end of the year - reminding people that at just $100 they can brighten the life of a child this holiday season who is feeling alone, and is living in the darkness of abuse.
5. SNAIL MAIL! Mail a Letter to Your Friends: Have your donors reference YOUR NAME as their Champion on their donation check. They can mail their donation check to us at:
Realities For Children Charities * 1610 South College Avenue * Fort Collins, Colorado 80525
6. INVITE: Invite everyone you know to attend the NightLights Celebration on Tuesday, December 1st from 6-7pm. This is a great way for your friends to see for themselves what you've been talking about and they'll see why you're so passionate about becoming a champion for children in need.
*Each donation is tax deductible and will directly serve the needs of abused and at-risk youth in Larimer County.
Thank you in advance for taking the extra effort to become a Champion for the children we serve. Please understand, even if you don't reach the Champions goal this year, every single light you do get sponsored, truly helps to brighten a childs life.